Parsimonious Living Tips
by Byron Tumlinson
|(1) For sore achy muscles mix 1
tablespoon of grated horseradish with 1/2 cup olive oil. Let the mixture
stand for 30 minutes then apply as a massage oil. Relieves sore achy
(2) For sore throat mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey. Take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills bacteria.
(3) For urinary tract infection dissolve 2 alka-seltzer tablets in a glass of water and drink at the onset of problems. It begins to eliminate urinary tract infection almost immediately.
(4) For skin blemishes, dab a bit of honey on the blemish and cover with a band aid. Leave on over night. You should see a marked improvement by morning.
(5) Need to remove rust? Saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job done.
(6) To remove a splinter, just pour a drop of Elmer's Glue all over the area where the splinter is, let it dry and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.
(7) To kill fleas on your dog, add a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid to the dog's bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Good-bye fleas.
(8) Want your dog to smell better? Wipe down the animal with a used dryer sheet. Instantly your pooch will smell springtime fresh. This even works on a wet dog.
(9) To prevent hair balls in your cat, apply a dollop of vaseline petroleum jelly to your cat's nose. The cat will lick off the jelly lubricating any hair in its stomach so it can pass easily through the digestive system.
(10) For fast arthritis pain relief, add 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water and warm for 1 minute. Let it cool slightly and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief.