CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2. Beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended. Fold in oats and chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour
4. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease 2 baking sheets
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly.
6. Bake cookies until lightly browned around edges, 10 to 12 min. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks to cool slightly. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
Make dough ahead of time and freeze it. Later, use defrosted dough to make homemade cookies in minutes.