Pizza Casserole Recipe
TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
• 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
• I cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
• I pound ground beef
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• I can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
• I medium green pepper, chopped
Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10
minutes. Squeeze out
Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella
cheeses. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 4000 for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and
medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce;
spoon over zucchini
Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes
longer or until
heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.